Monday, August 13, 2012

Reporting in from Capetown

We have finally landed in Cape Town!  After an exhausting 1.5 or so days of travel we made it to our volunteer house in Cape Town.  The weather is nice and chilly, which is a nice change of pace from hot and humid.  We are about to go to sleep and start our volunteer orientation tomorrow.  We should have plenty of awesome stories to tell in our next blog post!  Some more thoughts now that we've landed:

Meital Haas: "I'm excited to be here!  I can't wait to start tomorrow!"

Andrew Czyszczon: "The flights were long, I didn't sleep, I watched some movies, did some seated calisthenics.  Flying over Africa was amazing though, I got to see the desert from the air. I can't wait to see Cape town in the light (we flew in at night). They drive on the left side of the road here, which was really cool to see.  I like everybody we are sharing the volunteer house with and I can't wait to stop."

Manny Hill: "I'm too tired to answer your questions Nathan."

We hope to have plenty of cool pictures in our next post Tuesday or Wednesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment