Tuesday, August 28, 2012

EGL VA China


*NOTE: this blog is written on a two week delay – we weren’t sure we would have internet access throughout the two weeks, so we kept a journal throughout the two weeks and are now blogging from the great University of Michigan.

Day 1: Day Prior to Leaving for China

I am very excited to go to China! I have been looking forward to this all summer. I was lucky enough to study abroad in Spain earlier this summer, and I found out that Europe is very similar to the United States. I have a feeling, however, that China is going to be very different. I am looking forward to learning about Chinese culture and to teach English to Chinese students. I don’t know how well the teaching will go, because I don’t know any Chinese. I wonder how much experience the Chinese students have with English. I’m curious about the food that we will eat, and nervous about the bathrooms (I was told that they just have holes in the floor – no toilet bowls!). I am all packed and ready to head to the airport. Luke, Jenette, Joe and I will meet in Detroit, and Keith will join us in Seattle on our second flight. We will meet everyone else in China.

-Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment