Sunday, August 12, 2012

Greetings from the Chicago Airport

Greetings from Chicago! The EGL VA South Africa trip has officially started with myself and three other EGL taking the red-eye from Detroit to Chicago. We are now waiting at the gate for our flight to Cape Town through South Africa, and it's exactly as exciting as it sounds. Anticipation runs high as I wait for more people to talk to. Some initial thoughts from the poor souls sharing this gate with me:

Dan Kiefer: "I'm glad I found the terminal. I'm also excited to fly on a triple 7 (being carried by GE-90s, he pointed out), whatever that means."

Nick Clift: "This is awesome. I love staring at planes take off."

Phillip Bunge: "I'm excited. Also Nathan is the best blogger ever! (The second half of the sentence may or may not have actually happened)."

Nathan Rowley: "First time of the continent! If you had told me 4 years ago I'd be on a plane to South Africa, I wouldn't have believed you. The chance to go halfway around the world is an amazing one, and I'm so thankful to everyone who helped make this happen!"

Alec Cohen: "I am so excited. I was too busy bugging Nathan to start the blog to come up with anything else."

Some Pictures:


Nathan and Dan at the gate (I hope this will be the lamest caption from the trip).

Nick ponders what the next two weeks will hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment